LUNEX University is a fast-growing, dynamic University operating in the fields of Sports and Health.
LUNEX University is part of Luxembourg’s incredibly advanced innovation ecosystem comprising exceptional industrial policies, diversified funds, research support and high-end facilities and infrastructures.
Research at LUNEX University connects and crosses the domains of
- Sport performance assessment and enhancement
- Prevention, Training and Rehabilitation
- Sport Management via Innovation and Digital Transformation
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Corporate Health
LUNEX University aims at leveraging research outcomes to generate a positive social impact from a scientific and economic point of view. Our research activities provide a framework of excellence in the research landscape of Luxembourg and beyond. Our multidisciplinary and impactful approach is nurtured by an extensive collaborative National and International network across the above domains.
Products & services
LUNEX University Research teams, operating in their domains of expertise, support public and private entities with research projects and consultancies aiming at:
- Market expansion and new markets reach
- Products and processes development and innovation
- Strategic plan development, management and governance
- Continuous professional development and upskilling
Major HealthTech projects
LUNEX University national and international projects impact the Health and Sports sector, focusing on:
- Innovations for wellbeing via physical activity improvement (FNR funded projects on fall prevention in the seniors’ community, tracking the physical activity level of the general population in Luxembourg)
- Innovations for brain health and perceptual-cognitive-motor performance (FNR-funded project on central nervous system diagnostics and training across the lifespan in the Luxembourgish population using exergaming technology)
- Innovations in the field of motor recovery and clinically feasible motor assessment (FNR and EU-funded projects on machine-learning systems for motion analysis and robotic-based training)
- Sports performance enhancement via neuroplasticity-inducing sensory-motor and cognitive training (German Federal Sports Research Institutes funds)
- Improvement in sports governance and sports inclusion for communities (ERASMUS Sport+ funds)
Technical / technological capabilities
LUNEX University is equipped with high-end innovative technologies in the rehabilitation field as a sensorised treadmill for clinically feasible motor assessment and a novel training device providing selective muscular-tendon stimulation with square wave mechanical-sound vibrations. Such solutions aim to accelerate physical activity’s functional recovery, inducing sensory-motor and cognitive improvements to speed-up recovery from an injury or training impairments of motor functions.
Treadmill and cycle ergometers combined with modern spirometry and blood analysis system allows cardio-vascular and respiratory assessment and monitoring in elite sports and rehabilitation fields. LUNEX University is equipped with high-density EEG systems, neurocognitive assessment tools and state-of-the-art exergaming technology to test and train the central nervous system, improve sports performance, and counteract age-related cognitive decline.
Main customers / collaborations
LUNEX University holds international inter-Institute agreements with around 30 Universities across the globe, partnering with 13 major international Institutes in Sports and Rehabilitation.
LUNEX University holds an International project partner list of 27 members across major Sports Organisations, Sports Ministries, and Sports focused Universities and Foundations.
Collaborate with public and private entities interested in Health, Management and Sports to:
- improve lifelong health and well-being via physical activity and a healthy diet
- foster sports inclusion and participation
- sustain innovation and digitalization in sport management
- promote health, well-being and performance in working life
Print this page Send by email
CEOProf. Dr Andreas Mierau
Dr. Matthias Afting
Certifications & qualificationsLUNEX University is accredited by the Luxembourg Ministry of Higher Education, based on European law.
LUNEX University is accredited by the Luxembourg Ministry of Economy as a Research Institute.