With an average of 16,500 nomenclature codes per day, Ketterthill is the biggest private medical laboratory in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Composed of 204 employees, including 7 medical biologists (MD and pharmacists) originating from the hospital as well as the private sector, the laboratory performs so-called routine tests in the fields of hematology, chemistry, endocrinology, serology, microbiology, spermiology and autoimmunity. Especially concerning the autoimmunity, the laboratory is recognised for its expertise and receives samples from all over Europe. The laboratory is accredited according to the ISO Norm 15189 in all areas since 2009. It also participates actively in promoting bone marrow donation in partnership with the Luxembourg Bone Marrow Transplant. Moreover, its biologists participate in international conferences (oral presentations, posters, articles).
Products & services
The Ketterthill laboratory is present all over Luxembourg with 65 collection centres and sampling points. In addition, the laboratory offers support for home blood sampling and care homes.
- The laboratory has currently the 3rd GLP track in the world, measuring 200 metres on 3 floors. 19 analyzers are connected. This new track reduces the waiting period for lab reports and allows technicians and biologists to contribute with their expertise to all files.
- The Ketterthill laboratory works closely with physicians of the Grand Duchy exchanging information for optimal result interpretation and care of patients.
- Ketterthill promotes innovation in the country through its participation in scientist projects in medical fields such as Parkinson’s disease or celiac disease.
- Finally, Ketterthill’s biologists publish popular articles (ANIL newspaper), scientific articles, attend international conferences (oral presentations, posters), and participate in international scientific conferences.
Major HealthTech projects
- Routine analysis (analysis catalogue on www.llam.lu);
- expert analysis in auto-immunity (more than 80 autoantibodies tests);
- consulting services for physicians (comments, telephone contact, advising);
- participation in expert groups for the Belgian EEQ (ISP) and French EEQ (biologie prospective);
- reactive testing in autoimmunity area before production (Society Rugwag);
- equipment testing (PhD of Bio-Rad, blue diver of D-Tek, etc.);
- training of physicians;
- study EHES: epidemiological study of more than 2 years;
- e-santé project (DSP);
- committee of Microbiology in 14 CEL members lab group and committee of autoimmunity;
- medical hygiene: audit, continuous training and analysis for infectious diseases monitoring and nosocomial risks;
- scientific projects with the University of Luxembourg;
- expertise for the University Hospital (Leuven (BE), Strasbourg (FR) etc., or customers (Thermofischer, Medarini, etc.).
Technical / technological capabilities
With the equipment described below, Ketterthill lab has the capacities to performe the majority of the routine analyses and the ability to realise the latest tests in auto-immunity, especially concerning neurological auto-antibodies.
- Microbiology: BD Kiestra line, Vitek (BioMérieux), IQ-Velocity (Iris Coulter), Spectrometry of masse (Maldi Tof Brüker), Real time PCR (BioRad);
- Hormono-Chemistry-Serology-Hormonology: Abbott line (Phadia 1000, C16000, I2000), Etimax (Diasorin), Hydrasis (Sebia);
- Hematology: HN Sysmex line (SP10, DM96), Coagulation CS5000 (Siemens);
- Immunohematology: Autovue (Ortho), Tosoh G8, Halifax;
- Auto-immunity: PhD (BioRad), Etimax (Diasorin), Helmed (Aesku Diagnostics Systems), Profiblot 48 (Tecan), Manual techniques;
- Spermiology: manual techniques.
Main customers / collaborations
Prescribers, LNS, CHL, CHEM, Hôpital du Nord, Croix-Rouge Luxembourgeoise, LIH, LCSB, LIST, FLLAM, MLQ, Association Don de moelle, ANIL, LluCS, Mondorf Domaine Thermal, FEDIL, clc, Charte de la diversité, Luxembourg Air Rescue, e-santé, Cerba, Biomnis, university hospitals
Company providers: reagent test
Member of SLGO (Society Luxembourg Gynecology Obstetrics), of SLAM (Society Luxembourg Andropause Menopause), GEAI (Study group of Autoimmune Diseases)
Print this page Send by email